Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Out of Season

Virtually nothing about my day job is fulfilling, positive, or challenging (other than headache challenging). There are few things other than a handful of people that put a smile on my face in that cube. One of the other things that brings smiles is music, specifically, Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride. Last Christmas, my father gave his children a compilation of his favorite Xmas tunes and that is the only holiday music I have on the work media player. It is a delight to hear, say, ACDC then all of a sudden you hear those trumpets. Bah booodala doo doo, bah boodaladoo, etc. I can't help, but shake it out with a big ol' smile.

I'm currently creating a list of all the songs I want men to dedicate to me. I think they will appreciate my excellent taste in music and it will increase their desire to dedicate more songs to me. Almost like a challenge, like 'here's one you haven't thought of' and I'm fine with that. In fact, it's actually helping me to gain respect for myself and for future men that know what an incredibly awesome lady I would be for them and in general. Here's to my slow returning self confidence and tomorrow's softball games!

No comments: