Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Jewbaleeeee Softball

Super duper. Tonight was the first night I announced for the all men softball teams. I had no idea it would be all men. I'm so OK with that, in fact, so OK with it, that I wish it were more than one day a week. I'm the only girl in a sea of mostly beautiful Jewish men in their upper 20s. Even if I have no chance with any of them, my eye candy fulfillment has just hit the jackpot. SO nice. It's was so fun. I'm not the swiftest when it comes to scoring, announcing (Jewlicious) names and ad libbing on the first try. I'll admit, I'm a little on the awkward side, but once I can get a grasp on a rhythm and muscle memory, I should do just fine and make some friends in the process. As the first names were given to me, all I could think of was, 'Oh, shit, I'm gonna botch the snot out their names.' I even went so far during the last game to say, 'I'm gonna need to brush on my Jew names' forgetting that Kevin may not be cool with the new girl throwin' the 'Jew' detail out there, but then he supported my initial thought in saying that about 80% of the dudes playing are Jewish. uhm, score. Not that I'm yearning to be a shiksa, but some of the absolute nicest boys and least superficial gents that I have ever met have been Jewish. That's nice. You may hear more about this weekly. What an absolute treat this has brought to my boring life. Even if I don't meet anyone significant, I'm already having a blast.

3 comments:

Amy Guth said...

What's that mean? "...yearning to be a shiksa"? I don't get it.

Amy Guth said...

Glad you had fun. I want to go down to a game and hear you in action!

McMop said...

Hooray for your announcing dooties!
Your Mitzvah jar is filling up fast!