Friday, August 25, 2006

It lasted for 30 mins. At 8:59 it began, or at least that's when I noticed the steady banging. At first it may have been them getting busy in the living room and it kept stopping like they realized they were making noise, but the inconsistant banging continued for 30 mins. After changing rooms, still able to hear it, and waiting 30 mins, my balls dropped and I marched right upstairs and knocked on their door. No one responded, but they were talking and at one point I heard her giggle so I knocked again only louder and she answered. She has the nicest smile and it's so big that I feel terrible telling them to shut the fuck up. Here, for months I've been cussing them out, I will avoid them at all costs so that I don't say anything mean or stupid or even start to like them. I almost enjoy the hatred and being the elusive neighbor. I ran into them the other day as they were coming back from running. We had a nice little chat. Seeing them I'm pretty sure one would think they had been running since they had no equipment and they were wicked sweaty, but still maybe I shouldn't blurt out their activities so that they know I was watching them jog away. If they weren't so loud I wouldn't care, but when they leave, I want to see if they look like they'll be a while so I can get some quality quiet instead of false alarm 1/2 block away and right back again bs. So tonight, they were both really sweet again and damnit, that pisses me off. I can't believe I went up there, but it was perfect since he really was hammering as he was putting their new dresser together. Did I mention how cute they both are? Just precious. Damnit. It just makes it so hard to tell them they are being loud and now I feel bad when I'm angry and annoyed about the noise. The most frustrating part about it is that it almost seems like they had no clue how loud he was being. She had mentioned once that she was deaf, but seems to speak pretty well, so I dunno. At least I said something and they've been relatively quiet since. Hopefully, I looked stressed out and not like I was about to punch them both in the face at the same time. I was nice, but I showed genuine distress as though it was really hard for me to tell them to shut the fuck up. So nice to stop. I even told them that I just needed a ballpark so that I could work around them since I actually had a writing assignment to complete. The only night this week I'm home and work has been busy and annoying. But I accomplished two big things confidence wise tonight: confronting and commiting. I confronted a problem that I was having and it worked out without them throwing back any problems they have with me. He was putting together a dresser and volunteered to stop for the night which was super cool of him. I also completed a task for a deadline and though not my finest work, I think I did pretty ok.

No comments: