Saturday, August 19, 2006

Honkity HOnk honk

As it were, I am awkward, insecure, and uncomfortable with myself. Clearly I don't need any additional agents to increase the general problems I burden on myself. Driving is my stress reliever and my rage engager. Coming from my usual bi-monthly Saturday night jaunt to Trader Joe's, there was a douchebag who clearly forgot he was driving and just stopped. In response I blew my horn and (safely) drove around him. As I kept driving I wondered, 'Who's honking?' as there was no one behind me or even next to me for that matter. The horn continued for a block and a half before I realized, indeed, it was my horn. I began pressing the steering wheel where the horn is located, but nothing, so I started punching it and that only worked for a second. I even pulled over to turn the car off hoping it would help, but no. As I pulled over I could hear people telling my car to shut up. I even yelled back at a girl to tell her it was a short and that I was sorry. And the dude that pulled over for me because I must have been honking at him because clearly I was in a hurry and would continue to honk unless he moved. You can't explain a short in your horn, they only assume you're a douche. Any hand and/or arm gestures can only be some sort of mafia "whattyagonnadoaboutmehonkin'" gesture. It stopped on my block. I unloaded the groceries out of the car and shut the door which made the horn start right back up. Once again, I punched the steering wheel to get it to stop and it did. It started up about 20 mins later and I had to go back outside to deal with it. How does one handle this? Is it considered an emergency? Can roadside assistance disengage your horn? Is this one of those occurrences when AAA comes to your aid or do you risk your car getting egged over night?

No comments: