Wednesday, August 30, 2006

EASY WAY

As it were, I stopped smoking cigarettes just over 5 weeks ago. I don't specifically know why I haven't mentioned it here until now since it has been on my mind constantly. Constantly in a way that makes me want to share and preach the word of Allen Carr and his method that has cured/helped/inspired millions of people worldwide on the struggles of us smokers and now non-smokers alike. Stopping has changed my life. I used to think it was only the other smoke that put me in the lowest place I could go: sloth. It was not the THC, but the nicotine. Now, I'm not saying that the smoke smoke don't slow me down a bit cuz it do, but what I let cigarettes do to me is what brought on the inner sloth. It was agreed that once I started smoking in this apartment, I'd only smoke in the front room. Then as prices went up I decided that when I smoke a cigarette, I'd smoke the cig and only smoke the cig. I wouldn't do anything while I smoked it so that I could enjoy it since it would be about an hour before I'd let myself have another. The next phase of this sloth brought me into the time of avoiding all things that kept me from smoking except my day job and I barely smoked during the 9-5 slot. It was the nighttime. The time when I could get away from my job and let my thoughts go numb by the TV and drift into Whatamigonnabewhenigrowland. I had made a promise to myself that when I turned 30 that I'd be done with cigarettes. I couldn't do it. I thought about it constantly, but I just said that I would deal with it the next day and so on until I turned 30 and was smoking at the ballpark still not ready to give it up. I finally got to a point 5 weeks ago that led me to realize I couldn't afford it now nor afford it in the next couple months. I bit the bullet, bought the book, and I can't tell you just how awesome I feel in so many different ways. I've had to deal with a few blows this week and I haven't once thought about needing or even wanting a cigarette. I still support smokers because we all are entitled to choices no matter what they be.

No comments: