Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tragic and Super

If there was any other way to say, 'in the wake of tragedy', I would insert that here: blah, blah, I continue to focus on stand up comedy. In fact, this is one of the most horrific displays of why guns should not be allowed on civilian persons unless you're on COPS, meaning they are faced down with a gun in their back. There are too many retards about to give restrictions so they just say their background is being checked when it probably isn't. It is amazing that now college campuses are going to have to not only racially profile their students, monitor the knuckleheaded individuals who will now target or harass any Asian students, but start thinking that anyone on campus is capable of killing mass amounts of unprotected life. Unbelievable. Fucking unbelievable. I digress.

For the sake of keeping a promise to myself, I went ahead to the open mic tonight for the third week in a row and to my surprise, my bus buddy was there. Do you have a bus buddy? Jean is her name and she is the only person that has managed to transcend the laws of 'not talking to the folks at the bus stop'. She is a world traveler. Smart. Has studied in Dublin, London, and India among other places. She is married to an Irishman, but she herself bares no accent and doesn't wear a wedding ring. Cute, they are, as they did not show affection in front of me the other day which I found refreshing and strange. Different from the norm. Love it. She met me at the bar unannounced and was about to leave when I strolled in kind of late. My set was not the best and under the circumstances, I'm pretty damn proud of myself just for going considering my inability to be consistent and the sadness of the early week events. A friend said that he was proud of me for my recent 'sticktoitiveness' and I gladly take the compliment.

And if you have a moment and aren't completely sicked out by the way the media handled this situation and want to give a shout out in some way to the HOKIES, please feel free to do so.

peace in the middle east.



No comments: