Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More Boring If I Tried

Hey hey. I just completed the first step in resurrecting (Easter ref) my stand up comedy career. I went to Phyllis' Musical Inn tonight to do some crackpot stand up. The ad said sign up was at 6:30 and because I'm a little gun shy by being female and being shut out of open mics because of this detail, I was gonna be first to sign up and I was the first AND only to sign up before 7:30. I actually got a buzz on tonight. I had two beers and a shot of whiskey. The set was lame, but for what it's worth in getting over stage fright was priceless. At least there were more than two peeps in there and they weren't all comedians. I ranted a bit, but it got a few laughs so I'm happy about the outcome. It served it's purpose and it will serve it's purpose again. The host was an arrogant douche from the beginning and then I realized that he is just compensating. You don't call yourself an expert unless you are a highly paid professional in that line of work or you just got fired. This kid's hosting open mic stand up and just had his first opener gig and he's calling himself an expert. Oy vey! Good times overall, the bartender, Kevin is a treat, and the place is a neat venue.

No comments: