Monday, November 20, 2006

careful what you wish for

At one point I said, "G-d, I wish people would stop calling me." And it is so. If I didn't work with the phone all the time, I might want to talk on the phone, but few and far between. I went the whole week end without one call or even return call from a friend. I feel good about myself


Babysitting for an allergy prone child (or an over protective single mother) brought on feelings of being left out and I used to be like, "I wanna have allergies. That would be fun to go to the doctor every other week for the next 5 years to see what, if any and all, things I am allergic to. I've not been allergic to anything per se, but have always had skin problems. Now I have a rash on my neck and other odd places (not my crotch) and am donning two patches on my back to see if I am allergic to any of the 24 "scratches". That's right, I get my allergy tests, but I bet the needles were more fun.

For some reason, I always thought about bringing on hardship to myself. I used to constantly think about 'what would happen if I stubbed my toe on that..." knowing full well it would be painful, butstill visioned the blood and the desired the pain with blood. WTF?

No comments: