Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ha Toe Ta Ti Ti

Oh doesn't it feel good when you force yourself to do something and it actually turns out ok?! It sure do. Went to a party last eve for a good lady's Bat Mitzvah and it turned out to be totally fabulous. Over the last few years I have had some luck in having a terrible time with myself at party's of strangers whether it be that I was uncharacteristically unsocial or that the crowd and I just didn't gel. For this reason, I kind of stopped going out. Now it really depends upon my mood or the group and where they're gathering. Sometimes I won't go because I know someone else will be there and I really have no desire to see them or have to dodge them or even confront them at someone else's party. Let alone having to be fake or stifle the disdain I have for them. So negative, believe me, I KNOW! It's terribly frustrating, but now and especially after last night (Thanks LP and Brosef!), I feel a wee more confidence building my bones and balls back up. I wore a beautiful and my most expensive piece of clothing last night. Never wore, only tried on, still had the tags, bought it 3 yrs ago and I just could not bring myself to wear it, until last night. I actually felt good leaving the apt. I was a wee self conscious, but I was also willing to jump out and take the chance that I needed. It's also a sure fire way to get me to keep up with the exercise. I have a few more pieces of clothing that I've never worn because of the weight (bought for incentive to lose weight), so we are taking the initial reason for the purchases and trying to make that be the motivation for getting even healthier.

Good times. Hope all enjoyed a safe and wickedly drunk St Patty's Day!

2 comments:

blogsurfer said...

Hi. I just came across your blog. I see you are interested in clothes. You might want to visit this site to see the most expensive clothes ever. Thank you.

Most Expensive Designer Brand Items

Amy Guth said...

Step off, Blogsurfer. Spam elsewhere, yo.

Anyway, doll, you looked like a million dollars Saturday night. Really.