Wednesday, March 04, 2009

RAIN It Is

Tonight my friend Laurie (who is a Big Deal) and I enjoyed RAIN-A TRIBUTE TO THE BEATLES at the Auditorium Theatre. Tons of fun. I was excited, but so not sure what to expect. I only cried once, though, and it was when (the guy playing) Paul sang "Yesterday". That song has always been a strong emotional trigger for me because I think of my Godmother, Joan Hess who died of lung cancer in 1989. She was a delightful woman. "Paul" was the best sounding like the Beatle, but John was a little off and that was a little painful as he is my favorite of the Fab Four. "George" kicked some serious ass on the gueeetaaar. Harrison himself would have been proud of the shreddin' this guy did for the songs he was allowed to shred like "My Guitar Gently Weeps". That rocked. It was so fun to sit in a packed house with a mixture of people that have seen the real thing, would have loved to see them again, and people that could only dream to have seen them, so they go see a really good cover band at one of the best houses in Chicago. Musically it was great. The Auditorium rarely disappoints with its acoustics, specifically, but the guys themselves did a good job playing it the way you hear it on the album and yet remain artists in their own right while paying homage to the greatest band ever. Thanks RAIN!!!!

No comments: