Monday, September 22, 2008

Home Internet Eludes Me

As the Comcast stiffs, vacates, lies, steals, and tinkers with our lives and our ability to keep abreast of the technoligical world's constant battle, I haven't blogged in two months. Like there is anyone reading this that really cares, but I do. Just to complain about them for another few more minutes to keep you up to speed as to why I still don't have home internet service. Prior to moving at the end of Aug, I had called Comcast to set up a time slot for transfer of service. Three weeks. They had no appointments for 3 weeks. Oh, ok. I can kind of understand the situation for it to the "busiest" moving weekend of the year (?). They were informative to tell me to bring all of my equipment with my move, so that it can be hooked up at the new place and no charges will be added. Ok, so I had a family emergency last week and had to cancel my appt for Sat 9.13, but there was no chance for getting a tech out for the once offered 4-7pm slot during the week. Comcast had no other options even as I asked if there were any 4-7pm appts for Oct and the rep informed me that there were no appts for that time slot available. Why were we still talking about it? Why did she mention the option? I dunno, so instead of having to take yet another day off from my 9-5 job, I am forced to give up another Sat for them to decide whenever they want during some kind of window. I bet you that I could have easily just hooked the damn junk up myself with some basic information considering the prior tenants had the same setup. Comcast could save money if they took advantage of their "smart" users. They could have saved a day of wages for one tech, not to mention his gas and mileage. Am I retarded for wanting to save Comcast time, money, and energy? When will Comcast add an option on their auto attendant that allows their triple play customers to alert them that all three services are down without having to talk to three different representatives? When will Comcast get better customer service and stop treating their smart users like retards? Anyone? Anyone?

1 comment:

Wayne said...

First of all, 'leen, I have your blog added to my RSS feeds, and look forward to each new post.

And, I've shouted it from the rooftops before (mostly b/c I was unable to do so via email, b/c Comcast's internet "service" chuggs taint) that Comcast is one of the single worst companies that ever existed. Sprint is the other one, and I'm sure that they'll make it as much of a pain in the ass for me to leave their bullshit when my contract is up in a few weeks as Comcast was when I cancelled their bullshit "service" in lieu for RCN, which was the smartest thing I've ever done in my entire life in the long run. Like every other company in the world, Comcast cares only about $$$. Unlike every other company in the world (other than Sprint), Comcast takes a shit in your shoe and asks you to thank them for it.

Here's a "triple play" for Comcast:
1) Watch how Netflix treats their customers. Now do that shit.
2) Make a list of how you assclowns operate. Now do the exact opposite.
3) Get cancer.